Monday, July 6, 2009

Jada Pinkett Smith a rocker?



Jada Pinkett Smith is such an amazing actress. She was so kick ass in her movie “Set it off”(1996). I didn't know she could get down like that. She played side by side with funny man Eddie Murphy in “The Nutty Professor” (1996) and played voice for a sassy hippo in “Madagascar”(2005). She's done so much as being a producer, director, and a writer. She even now stars in her new show called “Hawthorne”(2009).

Yet, let me say how shocked I was when I found out she was the lead singer for her rock/metal group called Wicked Wisdom. They produced their first album back in 2006 and hasn't had a new album since. I'm sure fans are waiting for Pinkett to kick her celeb glam status to the curb because she can sing. Her vocals are so intense. My head was rocking back and forth almost like a bobble head as I listened to her tunes. The bands songs are so dark and edgy; perfect for when all you want to do is yell at the world. “Bleed all over me” had me going. I could feel the angst surge in my veins as the lyrics throbbed through my ears. The passion of “Forgiven” was felt through the steady, rockin guitar. The drums brought me to peace through the start but rocked on with a strong and heavy flow leading up to the chorus.

Shocked as I was, Smith gave me another reason to admire her for her overwhelming success. Not only can she stun many with her impressive acting skills, but she can belt out an awesome tune. She has made me a new fan of her wicked new talent.

-Tiffany

No comments: