Monday, June 15, 2009

MM & The Underage Hotties, S.M.U.T. and Her Virgins Rock Desmond's


Okay, I admit it: I'm the lead singer and one of two guitarists for Marisa Mini & The Underage Hotties. So writing a blog about how we rocked Saturday night's show with our pals S.M.U.T. is nothing less than self-promotional. But I have no voice today, so the blog medium is the only way I can express myself today. Yes -- if you missed Saturday night at Desmond's Cafe, you missed three of the hottest girl-rock sound machines in NYC. Not kidding. Her Virgins, fronted by a chick who reminds me of KatieJane Garside, former singer of the frantic Brit rock band Daisy Chainsaw (don't even bother to listen to their current material sans Garside -- just download their 1994 album "Eleventeen"), did their electro-rock thing. Jordan Hope, who strummed her guitar barefoot, played with just a drummer on the low-to-the-ground stage. Fast forward past my band, and you had me and Trauma Team 666's singer Amy plus a couple of Gotham Girl Roller Derby chicks waving/tossing pom-poms while chanting with S.M.U.T. frontwoman Cutie Calamity (pictured) "Drink Drink Drunk Drunk Fight Fight Fuck Fuck/Just another case of beer and bad luck!" 
Don't miss S.M.U.T. at Lit Lounge this Wednesday: They're playing a GGRD Jeerleaders fundraiser with Royal Pink and Sister Anne.

-- Marisa

No comments: