Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can She Pull It Off? Stewart To Be Cast in The Runaways Biopic


There are millions of girls in the world who are extremely envious of actress Kristen Stewart. For me, it has absolutely nothing to do with Robert Pattinson. She's trading in vampires to roll around with rock stars. Stewart has been cast to play my rock idol Joan Jett in the biopic The Runaways. Buzz has been surrounding Stewart who has been hanging with Jett, word has it that they've been working on Stewart's guitar and vocal skills. Recent photos show that the young starlet has been rocking a black mullet and channeling a young Jett. She may have the the look but my question is, can she talk the talk and walk the walk? As a die hard Joan Jett fan, I will have nothing but high expectations of Kristen Stewart. Regardless, I am excited for the film to come out next year 2010.The film will be directed by Floria Sigismondi who has directed music videos for Marilyn Manson, David Bowie, and The White Stripes. The Runaways will also star Dakota Fanning as lead vocalist Cherie Currie.
-Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not think Kristen Stewart is a very good actress. In all the movies, I've seen her in especially Twilight it's like she has no emotion whatsoever. I really doubt she is going to pull this off. However, I'm hoping she'll surprise me! I'm excited to see the movie. I think Dakota Fanning is going to do an awesome job as always. Also, we'll be able to see Fanning and Stewart interact together on the big screen in November in the next installment of the Twilight saga New Moon which will be interesting to see.