Friday, June 19, 2009

Make Music New York Festival

Music is definitely a big part of my life. I love to feel the rhythm of music surge through my body as I make my way through this fast-paced city. Yet, there's nothing better than hearing live music all around you. New York City is having a free music festival June 21 by Make Music New York from 11 am to 10 pm. It features live performances by many different bands ranging from hip-hop to opera to Latin jazz to punk rock.

This music explosion can definitely please our rockers with it's bands at Punk Island, Washington Square Park, Brouwerij Lane, and more different venues in New York. One concert to check out is on Punk Island. This will be on Governor's Island rocking out from 10 am to 5 pm. Women of rock will have their own place to jam on stage 11. Bands like Vagiant, Kissy Kamikaze, S.M.U.T, Percocettes, and more will be rocking out on the stage.

More female groups like Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls, Beluga, Spread the Rumor, and Demi will be playing on various stages throughout New York. I know I will be checking out Elika and Her Vanished Grace out in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. What a joy music is.


-Tiffany

No comments: